Vignettes

I love intimate spaces.  One of the (many) benefits of having a small cottage is that little decorative vignettes don't seem out of place.  When I lived in a large home, I had to decorate in bold strokes - huge artwork, overscaled furniture, etc.  Now that I'm living cozier, I can revisit my love of "downscaled" decorating.  And, truthfully, it doesn't feel like decorating per se, but rather a visual extension of my true self.  And isn't that the the best part of having a home - creating a haven that reflects the soul?

Below are little pockets of my home that make me smile...
Mikko wanted in on the photo shoot!
my bed ~ I love to create wild color combos with pillows
My nightstand ~ the gorgeous stained glass lamp was made by my talented mother!  Visit her website here
One of my bathroom shelves ~ I found the tray at a consignment shop
...these bottles sit on the shelf above the previous photo ~ more thrift shop finds
In my bedroom hangs a gorgeous piece of art generously given to me by my blogger friend, Angela of Pennystamper
In the bedroom again ~ books, art, and perfume...my idea of heaven
An adorable little hand towel I found which is draped over a flea-market-find mirror (bedroom)

In the bathroom, to the right of the sink.  My mom made the stained glass night light!

No comments: