The 5 Senses Tour

I'm excited to announce that I've joined Bohemian Twilight's 5 Senses Tour.  Every Tuesday (my first post is a day late), participating bloggers will write about things that enliven their senses. Monica's blog is one of my favorites ~ click on the link below to learn more and meet Monica...


Book:
I bought this when it was first published (1999), and re-read this beautiful book every year.  Pen/Faulkner nominee.  It's also been made into a movie, but I haven't watched it - just have a feeling it will ruin the magic (but if you've seen it, do comment and perhaps allay my fears!).

"Such a pleasure to read...nothing less than a triumph." -New York Times Book Review


Music:
Listening to Sara's soulful voice is always a pleasure.


Movie:
 Just watched this for the first time the other night ~ classic 70s American cultural film about a woman regaining her bearings after her husband leaves her for a younger woman - minus the cliches and stereotypes.  Sprinkled with great humor and ultimately uplifting, it garnered several Academy Award nominations: Best Picture, Best Actress (Jill Clayburgh), and Best Writing & Screenplay. Great performances.


Smell:

Wearing my signature scent.  You can read my review of it on my fragrance blog, The Perfumed Parlour.


 Design:
 My own creation, Mystery, adorns my neck today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so glad you joined in!
a new book, music and film for me to check out. definitely the book, that you even re-read it so often. wow

beautiful necklace. love her expression.

Linda said...

I love the Five sense tour too...I missed this week,,have to catch up...LOVE your jewelry!!!
Great Blogs Barbara!!


Linda :)

Barbara said...

Thanks so much, Monica and Linda!

xx